Location: We are headquartered in San Juan (Puerto Rico, an unincorporated territory of the USA) and this position is located in our San Juan office.
Starting Salary: $100-110K
As CFO, you will work in a senior management/executive officer role in a private real estate development company. Responsibility for accounting and financial management of the company including payroll, commissions, accounts payable, managing client portfolios and making budgetary projections. In addition, you will manage bank accounts and other assets, ensure compliance with regulations and complete other financial management tasks and functions. You will oversee the creation of an operational process for executing loan purchases and sales, and work with Investors and Tenants to ensure they have what they need from a financial, regulatory and compliance standpoint.
You must be highly proficient in financial management and accounting tasks, and also have a sound education in real estate investments and portfolio management. The CFO will work closely with the CEO and other senior managers and executives. The candidate will need to demonstrate great communication skills and the ability to manage or lead others. The ideal candidate will have progressive accounting experience with a REIT and/or asset management, private equity with a mixture of Big 4 (or another large national CPA firm) experience and industry leadership role.
You will also help maintain relationships with the company’s Clients, Investors, and Bankers, and perform other ad hoc projects as requested. This role has high visibility reporting directly to the Chairman and CEO and in direct contact with the board of directors. As such, you can expect to fulfill most of the following duties:
The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Long term strategic financial planning
- Capital improvements
- Financial reporting
- Cash flow
- Advising on all financial matters and resolving all financial issues
- Working with property management and leasing areas of the firm
- Check and bill signing
- Interface with attorneys and bankers
- Overseeing the Human Resource function
- Supervising Accounting Department
- Monthly management reports
- Create and maintain standard policies and procedures within the company
- Spot checking cash balances and being able to speak to this process
- Overseeing and understanding capital management processes
- Being the liaison between the company and institutional partners
- Being able to communicate with banks regarding project details and financial needs
- Executing the oversight and edits of annual tax returns
- Seeing transactions through purchase, development, and sale of properties and projects
- Assist the outside CPA’s with the year-end financial statements and tax returns.
Qualifications and Qualities We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will also have:
- BS in Real Estate, Finance or Accounting
- CPA a definite plus
- 8+ yrs in CFO/Controller role in commercial real estate.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Broad-based Real Estate exposure
- Experience working with investors from a REIT perspective a plus
- Experience managing the monthly close of a large private and or public company with roughly over 1B in Assets is desired.
- Experience with fast-paced high growth companies.
- 10 years’ relevant work experience in real estate development, construction or brokerage company.
- Strong project management skills to coordinate with diverse teams and meet project deadlines.
- An outstanding command of the English language and impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer and Internet skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in managing teams, both freelance and employee.
- The ability to think like a Tenant: intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Be a strong team player.
- Willingness to accept change and adapt on the fly.
- Detail and result-oriented and strong follow-through is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are mandatory.
- High-level strategic and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Strong general business knowledge base.
- Marketing, product management and/or technical background.
- Initiative and resourcefulness: ability to make things happen in creative ways despite a lack of resources.
- Strong people/client management skills; strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style.
- Ambitious and goal oriented – committed to driving revenue and profit.
- Positive and upbeat with a can-do attitude.
- Passion for serving customers, understanding their needs and delivering in excess of their expectations
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet all the criteria laid out above, please forward your résumé, cover letter and any positive references you might have to: firstname.lastname@example.org We greatly look forward to hearing from you!
Fusion Properties policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Fusion Education is proud to be a drug-free workplace. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Fusion Education must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.