Location: We are headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico and have offices in Reno (Nevada, USA) and San Diego (California, USA), but we employ people globally, as long as they have access to high speed Internet, speak and write English impeccably and can occasionally make themselves available during PST working hours.
Starting Salary: $130-150K
As CLO, you will work in a senior management/executive officer role in a private real estate development company. We have many real estate projects for which we’re going to need a very experienced and knowledgeable real estate lawyer for our firm.
This is going to be a corporate real estate attorney position (possibly General Counsel or Chief Legal Officer), a full-time employment position within Fusion Properties Management Group, Inc., so this is going to need to be someone who has extensive experience in commercial and industrial real estate transactions, particularly industrial triple-net (NNN) lease agreements, as well as Sale/Leaseback Purchase Agreements and Build-To-Suit Lease Agreements. All our transactions have land and/or building acquisition purchase agreements, so heavy contractual work and due diligence associated with all aspects of the escrow process.
We need a real estate attorney who has worked extensively on all kinds of commercial real estate matters. This type of attorney interprets and renders advice on laws and regulations that pertain to real property, including industrial law, commercial and warehouse property development projects, real estate financing and leasing, Real Estate Investment Trusts, land sales, title issues and searches, escrow arrangements, property management, rights of way, and lease disputes. This is a real estate transactional attorney who negotiates and drafts contracts regarding real estate transactions. Real estate litigation, if any, will be handled by outside attorneys who handle potential lawsuits, court cases and arbitrations regarding real estate disputes (and we work very hard to avoid ever having that kind of need :).
We are seeking a Real Estate Attorney with experience in commercial real estate investment and fund experience including: Preparation of real estate fund documents; Representing Company interests where funding comes from institutional investors in private real estate funds; Preparation of limited partnership agreements; General experience representing real estate developers investing in commercial and industrial real estate. Should have 6 – 10 years of commercial real estate investment and funds experience. Must have limited partnership experience. Experience from within a large law firm is preferential in consideration.
The selected candidate will have substantial experience working with private equity funds in connection with acquisitions and financing of real estate assets and institutional lenders that originate loans. Must have business experience that can be converted into client relationships and substantial experience running transactions with minimal oversight. Outstanding academic credentials and law firm experience are required.
Strong drafting and transactional skills are requried. Experience with leasing, financing, construction and environmental matters all helpful. Must have strong academic credentials and excellent research, writing and oral communication skills.
You will also help maintain relationships with the company’s Clients, Investors and Bankers, and perform other ad hoc projects as requested. This role has high visibility reporting directly to the Chairman and CEO and in direct contact with the board of directors. As such, you can expect to fulfill most of the following duties:
The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Long term strategic legal planning
- Capital improvements
- Transaction and legal reporting
- Advising on all legal matters and resolving all legal issues
- Working with property management and leasing areas of the firm
- Interface with outside attorneys and bankers
- Supervising Legal Department
- Monthly management reports
- Create and maintain standard policies and procedures within the company
- Being the liaison between the company and institutional partners
- Being able to communicate with legal firms regarding project details and legal needs
- Executing the oversight and edits of all contracts
- Seeing transactions through purchase, development, and sale of properties and projects
- Assist the outside lawyers with any and all company legal filings.
Qualifications and Qualities We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will also have:
- BS in Real Estate
- 8+ yrs in CLO/General Counsel role in commercial real estate.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Broad based Real Estate exposure
- Experience working with investors from a REIT perspective a plus
- Experience managing the monthly legal transactions of a large private and or public company with roughly over 1B in Assets is desired.
- Experience with fast-paced high growth companies.
- 10 years’ relevant work experience in real estate development, construction or brokerage company.
- Strong project management skills to coordinate with diverse teams and meet project deadlines.
- An outstanding command of the English language and impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer and Internet skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in managing teams, both freelance and employee.
- The ability to think like a Tenant: intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Be a strong team player.
- Willingness to except change and adapt on the fly.
- Detail and result-oriented and strong follow-through is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are mandatory.
- High-level strategic and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Strong general business knowledge base.
- Initiative and resourcefulness: ability to make things happen in creative ways despite a lack of resources.
- Strong people/client management skills; strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style.
- Ambitious and goal oriented – committed to driving revenue and profit.
- Positive and upbeat with a can-do attitude.
- Passion for serving customers, understanding their needs and delivering in excess of their expectations
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet all the criteria laid out above, please forward your résumé, cover letter and any positive references you might have to: firstname.lastname@example.org We greatly look forward to hearing from you!
Fusion Properties policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Fusion Properties is proud to be a drug-free workplace. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Fusion Properties must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.