Location: We are headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico and have offices in Reno (Nevada, USA) and San Diego (California, USA), but we employ people globally, as long as they have access to high speed Internet and can occasionally make themselves available during AST working hours.
Starting Salary: $130-150K
The EVP, Acquisitions position is responsible for managing the Corporate Real Estate international and domestic portfolio in over 30 countries, including Strategic Planning and Transaction Management. The EVP provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has a consistent and growing pipeline of new acquisition opportunities across North America and around the world. The successful EVP will have experience with defining the people, process and acquisition procedures to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. The EVP manages all aspects of acquisition activities for the company’s portfolio with the following objectives:
- Maximize the value of FPMG’s operating real estate assets
- Optimize real estate portfolio operating expenses and capital expenditure
- Control operational and reputational risk resulting from FPMG’s real estate operations
- Deliver and maintain safe, effective and efficient buildings
- Develop and implement the real estate component of the FPMG’s business plan (i.e. acquisitions, dispositions and all other real estate matters as required).
- Strategically review and develop portfolio plans as appropriate taking into account business needs, market conditions and portfolio profile.
- Assist with the development and submittal of annual capital and operating budgets for portfolio. Actively participate in the capital review and evaluation process for FPMG offering units and leaseholds.
- Appoint or act as lead for management of transactions including key interface to client, selection and management of real estate agent and other consultants, as required, to perform due diligence exercise of selected sites for business plan and budget parameters.
- Manage lease negotiations and financial comparative analyses for presentation to senior management; ensure the most cost-effective decisions for the company.
- Facilitate the legal review, execution and abstraction of lease documents. Ensure that all appropriate lease data is managed for proper lease accounting and data entry into data base.
- Pro-actively manage international portfolio to ensure that notice dates are considered in advance to maximize negotiating leverage; ensure that lease rates are reflective of current market, and seek opportunities to restructure leaseholds.
- Disposition of leaseholds, in part or in whole, as required to maximize and preserve company assets.
- Coordinate the project management, facilities management, space allocation, lease administration, legal, finance and other functions as needed.
As EVP, you will work in a senior management/executive officer role in a private real estate development company. We have many real estate projects for which we’re going to need a very experienced and knowledgeable real estate EVP for our firm.
We are looking for an experienced EVP to oversee our organization’s ongoing real estate research, negotiations and acquisition procedures. You will be the company’s leader for new project identification and responsible for the ongoing project pipeline of business.
This position is responsible for sourcing and identifying existing Sale/Leaseback, Acquisition and Build-To-Suit opportunities that are beneficial for and meet the needs of the companies various portfolios. Oversee and lead the identification and underwriting process of projects.
The EVP is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse real estate acquisition operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you. The goal is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
The selected candidate will have substantial experience working with private equity funds in connection with acquisitions and financing of real estate assets and institutional lenders that originate loans. Must have business experience that can be converted into client relationships and substantial experience running operations with minimal oversight. Outstanding academic credentials and real estate operating company experience are required.
Strong team building and management skills are required. Experience with leasing, financing, construction and environmental matters all helpful. Must have strong academic credentials and excellent research, writing and oral communication skills.
You will also help maintain relationships with the company’s Clients, Investors and Bankers, and perform other ad hoc projects as requested. This role has high visibility reporting directly to the Chairman and CEO and in direct contact with the board of directors. As such, you can expect to fulfill most of the following duties:
The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Long term strategic portfolio planning
- Design and implement new project research strategies, new project plans and acquisition procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for monthly and quarterly pipeline acquisition performance and growth
- Network for opportunities for property acquisition by sourcing independently and reviewing broker provided opportunities for appropriate acquisition candidates.
- Work with financial analyst as well as entitlement team to value assets and submit offers.
- Manage due diligence process.
- Prepare acquisition/due diligence budgets and manage those through the acquisition.
- Liaison with company management on equity and debt placement for acquisitions.
- Prepare offering package for debt and equity offerings.
- Prepare and present acquisition candidates to Investment Committee.
- Collaborate with the CFO, CLO and Closing Coordinator to effect smooth closing of assets.
- Perform entitlement work as assigned by manager as needed.
- Oversee daily acquisition pipeline of the company and the work of all real estate team members (project managers, research assistants, regional acquisition managers, outside real estate agents and brokers, etc.)
- Lead team members to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all acquisition and pipeline matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
Qualifications and Qualities We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will also have:
- BS in Real Estate
- 8+ yrs in EVP/Acquisitions Manager role in commercial real estate.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Broad based Real Estate exposure
- Experience working with investors from a REIT perspective a plus
- Experience managing the monthly legal transactions of a large private and or public company with roughly over 1B in Assets is desired.
- Experience with fast-paced high growth companies.
- Proven experience as EVP or relevant acquisitions role
- Understanding of how acquisitions will need to work with other business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong project management skills to coordinate with diverse teams and meet project deadlines.
- An outstanding command of the English language and impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer and Internet skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in managing teams, both freelance and employee.
- Be a strong team player.
- Willingness to except change and adapt on the fly.
- Detail and result-oriented and strong follow-through is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are mandatory.
- High-level strategic and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Strong general business knowledge base.
- Initiative and resourcefulness: ability to make things happen in creative ways despite a lack of resources.
- Strong people/client management skills; strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style.
- Ambitious and goal oriented – committed to driving revenue and profit.
- Positive and upbeat with a can-do attitude.
- Passion for serving customers, understanding their needs and delivering in excess of their expectations
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to the real estate acquisition division of the organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company. Bottom line: Build a research, lead generation, and project acquisition engine for the company.
- Responsible for driving the new project identification and real estate acquisition process and methodology for the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all new project acquisition and baseline negotiation parameters to achieve company goals. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the new project acquisition pipeline of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective property research, licensed tenant research, tenant relationship strategies, negotiation strategies and real estate acquisition processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the acquisition infrastructure of due diligence systems, acquisition processes, and regional real estate acquisition personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance acquisitions team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the real estate acquisitions team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as lead “real estate acquisitions officer” through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet all the criteria laid out above, please forward your résumé, cover letter and any positive references you might have to: firstname.lastname@example.org We greatly look forward to hearing from you!
Fusion Properties policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Fusion Properties is proud to be a drug-free workplace. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Fusion Properties must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.