Location: We are headquartered in San Juan, Puerto Rico and have offices in Reno (Nevada, USA) and San Diego (California, USA), but we employ people globally, as long as they have access to high speed Internet and can occasionally make themselves available during PST working hours.
Starting Salary: $65-80K
As PM, you will work in a management role in a private real estate development company. We have many real estate projects for which we’re going to need a very experienced and knowledgeable real estate project manager for our firm.
The Project Manager plans, coordinates, and monitors all projects from initiation through delivery. This role develops detailed project plans and manages all processes throughout the project lifecycle including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training, and on-time delivery. The Project Manager ensures the quality and client satisfaction of all real estate projects.
We are looking for a competent individual who grew up though the real estate ranks and took their place as a project leader though wit, skill, and the ability to communicate clearly to non-technical audiences. This person combines the often-conflicting roles of construction manager, communicator, and quality assurance specialist. They also assess technical risks, assist with technical problem solving, and cut though the layers of bull-feathers surrounding any given acquisition or construction project to determine what is really going on. Within their own technical areas they can estimate project time-lines to within hours of actual work; outside of it they can make accurate guesstimates based on years of real estate experience.
More importantly, this project manager needs to think like a real estate construction professional but with an eye for how it all integrates with the marketing and sales. Ideally, the selected candidate will have extensive background and experience in the real estate construction vertical. Experience with leasing, financing, construction and environmental matters all helpful. Must have strong academic credentials and excellent research, writing and oral communication skills.
You will also help maintain relationships with the company’s Clients, Investors and Bankers, and perform other ad hoc projects as requested. This role has high visibility reporting directly to the EVP Real Estate and in direct contact with the CEO. As such, you can expect to fulfill most of the following duties:
The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Manages multiple, specific projects that have a distinct beginning and end
- Coordinates work cross-functionally as defined by project requirements, performing feasibility and impact assessments
- Utilizes technical knowledge to monitor and report project and/or team performance against business unit goals and objectives
- Completes technical tasks within assigned role for projects as needed
- Communicates and drives execution of organization vision and strategic imperatives
- Provides timely and on-going communication to appropriate stakeholders
- Promotes, utilizes, and contributes to knowledge transfer forums
- Builds and maintains client relationships both internally and externally
- Seeks continuous improvement in processes, procedures and outcomes
- Performs other responsibilities as needed
- Works in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures. Understands personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets
- Takes appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of role
- Monthly management reports
- Create and maintain standard policies and procedures within the company
- Being the liaison between the company and Tenant partners
- Being able to communicate with general contracting firms regarding project details and project needs
- Executing the oversight and edits of all contracts
- Seeing transactions through purchase, development, and sale of properties and projects
- Assist the outside contractors with any and all company acquisition or construction project details.
Qualifications and Qualities We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate will also have:
- BS in Real Estate
- 8+ yrs in PM/broker role in commercial real estate.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Broad based Real Estate exposure
- Experience working with investors from a REIT perspective a plus
- Experience managing the monthly acquisitions and construction transactions of a large private and or public company with roughly over 1B in Assets is desired.
- Experience with fast-paced high growth companies.
- 10 years’ relevant work experience in real estate development, construction or brokerage company.
- Strong project management skills to coordinate with diverse teams and meet project deadlines.
- An outstanding command of the English language and impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer and Internet skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in managing teams, both freelance and employee.
- The ability to think like a Tenant: intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Be a strong team player.
- Willingness to except change and adapt on the fly.
- Detail and result-oriented and strong follow-through is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are mandatory.
- High-level strategic and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Strong general business knowledge base.
- Initiative and resourcefulness: ability to make things happen in creative ways despite a lack of resources.
- Strong people/client management skills; strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style.
- Ambitious and goal oriented – committed to driving revenue and profit.
- Positive and upbeat with a can-do attitude.
- Passion for serving customers, understanding their needs and delivering in excess of their expectations
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet all the criteria laid out above, please forward your résumé, cover letter and any positive references you might have to: email@example.com We greatly look forward to hearing from you!
Fusion Properties policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Fusion Education is proud to be a drug-free workplace. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Fusion Education must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.